Position: Summer Program Instructor
Responsible to: Executive Director and Program Coordinator
Function: To assist in and support the provision of Summer Programs on behalf of Silverheights Neighbourhood Association
Hours: 35 hours/week
Contract Term: June 21st, 2021-August 20th, 2021 (must be available for training in June)
Skills and Experience:
- Must fit within the age requirements of funding body; HRDC and be returning to school full-time in the fall.
- Knowledge of Silverheights Neighbourhood Association an asset
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to work with others
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent program planning skills with knowledge of songs, games, crafts, etc.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate level C with AED certification
- Experience and interest in working with children and youth
- Relevant leadership development experience through school, work, volunteer and/or placement
- Police Record Check (Upon offer of employment)
- Knowledge and familiar with Zoom, YouTube and Social Media
To pre-arrange a daily program of arts, crafts and games for children ranging in ages 4-12 years and ensure a safe and clean program site. You will work co-operatively with other instructors and LITs. You will perform administrative duties supervise and provide feedback to LITs.
- Attend any specified training related to employment; read and understand training materials.
- Follow all policies and procedures including COVID policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure manual.
- Maintain direct communication with Program Coordinator and the Executive Director
- In cooperation with the STEAM Program Facilitators, plan and implement a high quality, program of varied activities, taking into account the age of the participants, outdoor play and safety factors.
- Develop a detailed weekly program plan and show the plan to the Executive Director and Program Coordinator at the staff meeting prior to that program week.
- Monitor inventory of equipment and craft materials and make requests for supplies to the Program Coordinator, as necessary.
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of program participants. Complete daily safety checks, follow all COVID screening and cleaning protocols. Participate in self-evaluation, and evaluations by the Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director, a during and at the end of the employment period.
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents; provide a high level of customer service to the public.
- Maintain clear and concise records, as outlined in the Summer Manual.
- Maintain safe and tidy conditions at the program site, both outdoors and indoors.
- Maintain confidentiality of participants, volunteers, staff and Board at all times.
- Follow ALL COVID 19 PROTOCOLS and ask for assistance when needed
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time
- It is a requirement of this position to dress in a conservative professional manner as you will represent Silverheights Neighbourhood Association. Refer to Human Resource Manual for specific requirements.
Please direct all applications to Lori Da Cunha, Executive Director
Please email them to email@example.com
By Friday May21st, 2021 by noon.